Thursday, November 8, 2012

Too Happy Today

There are so many things to be thankful for today, and everyday, aren't there?

I am learning very quickly about all of the things I have to be thankful for, and what better time to share  all of them?  It is, after all, the month of giving thanks.

Sometimes I see tears in my Mama's eyes, but she is smiling and happy.  She says that sometimes one little good thing happens in her life that can completely change the way she looks at things altogether.  She says a lot of these little things have been happening in her life lately.
Mama says that sometimes people are so busy that they look right past all of these little things, and then it becomes easy to look past all of the little things all of the time.  She says that because of all of the things that have happened in our lives over the past few months, good and bad, she has really gotten to thinking about all of the 'little things' and she says that she'll just never be the same.
She says sometimes her heart feels so big that she's afraid it will burst right out of her chest.  I get concerned because that sounds painful, but she tells me that it is just the opposite of painful, it's lovely and beautiful and the most wonderful feeling you could ever have.  She says she feels like crying because she is so happy and thankful.
Now, often times I understand what my Mama is telling me, but sometimes she just plain confuses me!
Crying because you're happy?!  I cry for just about anything I need these days (since my language skills have not yet caught up to my writing skills) but being happy isn't one of 'em!  I guess it's another one of those things I will learn as I get bigger...

I thought about all of the things that I'm thankful for, and here's my list (in no particular order!)

I'm thankful that I have a wonderful life, and here's why...

Daddy! He works so hard and is so kind and loving to me and Mama
My family (my whole, big family!) is so helpful, supportive and understanding and love us unconditionally
Grandpa Tom and his whistles and happy smiles - I know I will learn so much from you
Grandma Corinne for always holding me and cuddling me so good
Nana for always singing to me
Papa for always letting me listen to The Who, The Beatles, Elmo, Hall and Oates (the list goes on and on!) and always talking to me and keeping me company
All of my aunts and uncles who love me so much
All of my cousins - Tommy, Carter, Carolyn, Erin & Adrienne- who will teach me so much and are so gentle to me and so happy to see me always!
Our friends, co-workers, acquaintances, and even strangers (who now aren't strangers anymore!) who check up on us and have opened their hearts to us, supported us and kept us in their thoughts and prayers
I have a nice place to live, I have good doctors and I will have good teachers one day
I will have lots of opportunities to do whatever I set my heart on, and Mama and Daddy have jobs
I live in a country where we are able to believe what we want to believe and make our own choices regarding this and, better yet, we can fight for those who are less fortunate or in need
I am growing and thriving and I'm such a happy and (from what people tell me) smart little girl

Mama, Daddy and I couldn't be more thankful for it all


Lots of hugs!
 Maggie Shae




 

No comments:

Post a Comment