Saturday, August 25, 2012

Road Trip! and, A New Taste


Road Trip!
Yesterday we all went on a road trip, and I'm not talking 4 hours to Michigan, I mean 8 HOURS to visit The Swanson's in Kansas City!!  On the way we stopped in this place called Iowa City and I think my daddy actually started drooling like me!  He was pointing out all the places he loves so much because this is where he went to college.  He had the goofiest grin on his face and he was just so excited to be there! He and I took a picture in front "Old Capital" and he said that I would be back in about 18 years.  He was telling my mommy how The University of Iowa was voted the #4 party school and my mommy said that she's not so sure Iowa is the place for me...
The drive wasn't so bad.  We saw lots of corn fields and grass fields and wheat fields and any kind of other field you could ever imagine.  My mommy said, "This is the place for me!", and my daddy said, "NO WAY!".  I guess opposites do attract!
After about 7 hours of fields I started to get boooored!  No one was listening to me complain, so I knew I needed to turn on the waterworks to get any kind of break from this madness.  I screamed for a good 15 minutes, and then I puked, and then they took me out!  So my plan worked...kind of.
I was so excited to see my aunt and uncle and cousins, and they were so excited to see me too!!  I was so glad to be here.  I hope I don't have to get back in that car seat for a long ride anytime soon, but they tell me that they are nervous for Monday morning.  I'm not so sure why though....

A New Taste
Sweet potatoes, blueberries and carrots, oh my!
This morning another new adventure happened.  I ate real food!  My mommy and daddy put me in this big seat thingy and put this giant bib on me and they stuck this smooshy stuff in my mouth.  At first I made funny faces and everyone laughed at me because it was a new taste for me.  It was a wonderful taste!  I can't wait to have more of that stuff!!
Here's a video.  I hope you can see it:



No comments:

Post a Comment