Sunday, August 5, 2012

My Date with Daddy; Mommy's New Job and Another Shriner's Appointment

This weekend my daddy and I spent some time together.  It was very fun!  We dropped mommy off at the spa so she could spend some time with friends and then daddy and I were off on our adventure.
We visited some friends and we took a walk around our neighborhood.  Daddy put me in my carrier so I could look around and see everything.   Later that night it was three men and a baby because my daddy had a couple friends over.  We all sat around watching The Olympics and UFC.  They taught me a lot about boy stuff, which is good because usually my mommy and I talk about girl stuff, so I get to learn about both!
Since my mommy was away I decided to sleep ALL NIGHT for daddy.  Lately I've been waking up once or twice in the night because sometimes I like to be a stinker.  My mommy said, "isn't that ironic?",  whatever that means.  I think my mommy is feeling left out and hopes I sleep through the night more now for her...I guess I will try.
I think I am getting ready to grow soon.  I usually eat between 5-7 ounces every couple of hours and I take big naps during the day.  Also, my gums have been hurting me for the past few weeks.  At first mommy kept trying to put things on my bottom gums because she thought the teeth were coming in there, but I kept putting my tongue down there to block it.  She was very confused by this, so when I went to the doctors they told him they thought I was teething, and he said I was too young.  But guess what?  They took a look and said I might be getting teeth on the TOP!  There are two bumps up there and I really like to chew on my hand because it makes them feel better.  I wonder when I will get my new teeth?  Hopefully soon because I stare at people while they put stuff in their mouths and chew and I am interested in doing that too!
I am a very inquisitive baby.  I really like to watch people and even sometimes I watch the TV, like when mommy and daddy have the Olympics on.  I know people may say that is preposterous, but it's true.  I can see really well.  I take after my mommy and daddy because they like to people watch too.  I also think I take after my daddy because I like to be a part of people's conversations.  I will sit quietly a lot, but I also try to talk when they are talking.  It's like my daddy because he really likes to talk to people.  I am a really good girl though, and lots of people tell me it is so.  I'm just happy and not much bothers me...unless I am hungry or my teeth hurt, of course.

Mommy's New Job
Mommy and I go out to visit Nana and Papa a couple of days a week now.  Mommy had to take some time off of her job as a teacher to spend more time with me.   She was really sad that she had to take time off, but she is also feeling better that she gets to care for me and see me everyday.  She is also very grateful that her school allowed her to take a leave.  She thought it was very kind of them to do.  She really wants us to live in a nice house so she is going to work a little bit with Nana now.  She says that carrying me up and down three flights of stairs is too much, and don't even get her started on groceries and laundry...yikes.
Right now it's a little nuts because we do a lot of driving, and sometimes I want mommy to spend time with me instead of work (I'm not used to keeping myself busy, but I am learning!), but I like it because I can snooze the whole way!  Plus, my Papa keeps me busy during the day by playing silly games with me and he lets me listen to The Beatles and other interesting music.  I like to dance and move around to the music and everyone gets a big kick out of me.
There have been a lot of changes lately, so we are all just getting adjusted.  We are all so thankful to have all of our friends and family helping us and sending lots of love our way.  We are very lucky and I am learning how to be a good person by watching everyone around me.

Shriners
Tomorrow morning we go back to see the doctor at Shriners.  He is really nice and my mommy really likes him.  He even called her and talked to her on the phone for a while!  What doctor does that nowadays?!
He wants to see how I am doing and we will find out more about my treatment.  The doctors at the children's hospital said that they would like to delay treatment, but my mommy and daddy are confused and don't know what the best option for me is: treatment now like Shriners says, or waiting like Children's says?  That is a big decision...
I am excited for him to see me because I am so strong!  I hope he is impressed by me.  I don't want to toot my own horn or anything, but I am a pretty special baby...that's what everyone says...
I will write more when we here from Shriners.  Have a happy Sunday!


Here I am watching The Olympics with daddy...oops, I fell asleep

No comments:

Post a Comment