Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rolling, Teeth and Michigan Trip!

Wow, I know I say this a lot, but SO much has happened over the past few weeks!  Take a look...

Rolling: 
Drum roll please.........
Last night I finally rolled from my back to my front AND THEN from my front to my back all by myself!  And then I did it again and again and again!  My mommy and daddy thought it was the funniest and most amazing thing.  They've been noticing that I've been getting really strong lately.  I am able to hold my head up way more than I ever could and I even started to roll over in my crib in the middle of the night, which makes them feel very worried.  I would just get stuck on my tummy and then grunt until someone came to save me.  I figured I should help them out since I was depriving them from their precious sleep because I wanted to play, so I taught myself how to roll both ways.  Aren't I resourceful?  (As you can see, my vocabulary is improving immensely as well...it must be all of those books I read!)
Now, I know my mommy and daddy say this often, but I think I'm staring to believe that I may just be a genius....
As they said, I was a rollin' fool (and they meant that in the nicest, most loving way, I'm sure)! The first time I did it daddy had his back turned and mommy nearly missed it too, I was so quick.  Then they watched me as I flipped over onto my tummy (which I am a pro at by now) and then I carefully moved my arms up by my head and pushed myself back over to my back.  Once I learned how to do it I just kept going and going until I found myself under the coffee table and all over the room!  Finally they said it was time for bed, and by that time I was all tuckered out anyways.
I'm so proud of myself!  But mommy and daddy say that my days of lounging on the bed or couch are OVER!

Teeth: 
Last Thursday two teeth finally popped through at the same time!  And, guess what?  They were on the bottom! Pulling the old switcheroo, eh?  Those little buggers sure make me cranky sometimes, and I think I'm still going to get those top chompers soon too, so I've been a little sassy.  But you can't be perfect all the time, right?!  If I would let my mommy and daddy see them they could take a picture for you, but I keep them well hidden.

Michigan Trip: 
We went for a quick trip to Michigan last weekend and we had so much fun!  There was a lot to do:
First I watched some college football with daddy (don't bring up the outcome of that game, I'm just sayin'), I went to my first Northville Colts football game to watch my big cousin Tommy show me how to play football, I visited The Victorian Festival and even went to a "Saloon" (my mommy and daddy say they are trying to culture me), and I played a lot with my cousins Erin and Carolyn.  They really had missed me and I had really missed them too!  They held me and I tried to kiss them and lick them and grab their cheeks and they made me laugh and laugh ~ they're so funny!  They showed me all of their toys and they were very careful  and gentle with me.  Grammy got me all kinds of new toys and cloths, my favorite is my new glow worm! She sings to me and lights up and I always try to give her kisses because she's such a nice little glow worm.  And, grandpa bought me a new four-wheeler! Okay, maybe it wasn't for me, but I got a great picture on it!  After seeing how fast my Aunt Shannon went on that thing I don't think my daddy will ever let me on it...but he sure enjoyed driving it!








Here are some other gems...

     I'm transfixed by my new friend

Yep, that's me in my pj's during a late night at The Victorian Festival.  
As you can see, I'm quite the night owl.

It was a great trip and I love visiting my family in Michigan.  I am a city girl and a country girl ~ I'm so lucky!
Well, tootle-loo for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment