Monday, August 13, 2012

My First Street Fest and This Is Why I'll Miss The Olympics

My 1st Street Fest
Something wonderful happened!
On Saturday, my mommy and daddy took me to my first street fest!  They said it's a right of passage if you live here in Chicago, and I'm glad I finally got to see what all the fuss is about.
The three of us just walked around and took in the sights.  Daddy carried me around in my carrier and I just dangled with my green sunhat on.  Their were lots of other kids there for me to watch and things for us to see. It was a beautiful day out and we had a great time.  Mommy and daddy stopped to talk to a man about a painting, but I thought it was too pricey, so I began to protest.  That sure got them out of that booth fast!  I was getting a little steamy in my carrier anyhow, so they took me out, but they didn't take the stroller with them (rookie mistake) so daddy had to walk back to the car and get it.  While he was doing that mommy and I sat under a tree and it was so comfy that I fell right to sleep!  When I woke up we were back at the fest and there was loud music and a lot more people than before.  Mommy and daddy ate some great food and we just watched the people and listened to the music.  Then it was time to go home...
I sure did have fun the Chicago way.

Why I'll Miss the Olympics
Okay, I have to admit that I don't even know what The Olympics are, let alone why my mommy and daddy loved watching them so much, but what I do know is that I LOVED the closing ceremonies!   I danced and jiggled around in my bouncy seat and everyone laughed and got such a kick out of me, but I was just being myself.  I loved hearing the music and seeing all of the lights and colors.  I especially loved when the boy band came on.  What can I say, I'm my mama's daughter!  My Papa said he's never seen a baby act like that before.  "Get used to it!" is what I say, because I am one super baby!


Oh man, mommy put a video here of me, but it didn't work so good...oh well.
I can't believe that I'll be 4-years-old when The Olympics come around again!

No comments:

Post a Comment